Calling an external command via triggers

From: "Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S(dot) Baluyos" <ridvan(at)baluyos(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Calling an external command via triggers
Date: 2008-08-08 06:22:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

Is it possible for me to call a certain command in the terminal via a
trigger?

Say for example, after every INSERT in a certain table, I would be calling a
script `php load.php` ?

Thanks,

Ridvan

--
リヅバン バルヨス
ridvan(dot)baluyos(at)qualservcentral(dot)com

Registered Linux User #439466
Registered Ubuntu User #16034
Q: Have you heard of the Object-Oriented way to get wealthy?
A: Inheritance.