Re: Connection Properties for FetchSize and Autocommit

From: David Langton <djlangton+pgjdbc(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection Properties for FetchSize and Autocommit
Date: 2009-10-09 16:35:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> David Langton wrote:
>>
>> defaultAutoCommit
>
> That seems a pretty dangerous setting to have :/
>
> -O

I'm not sure! Without this parameter, you get a connection in
autocommit mode anyway. If you actually set the mode yourself you get
whatever it is you want. This parameter simply allows you to
initially set autocommit to false in the url for those (rare)
situations where it is what you want, but you can't modify the calling
application.

However, I'm certainly not any sort of JDBC expert, it just helped me
out a lot to be able to do this (along with fetchsize) to avoid
getting the whole result set sent to the driver all at once. If I
could alter the application, I would have (and that would have been a
better place to do it!).

Regards