\dt is listing tables from all databases

From: Lonni J Friedman <netllama(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: \dt is listing tables from all databases
Date: 2010-01-14 19:49:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Greetings,
I've got a postgresql server running 8.1.10 on Linux. I've noticed
that when i'm logged into one of the databases, and I run '\dt' its
listing every table from every database on the server (rather than
just the tables in the current database instance). To make matters
even more strange, if I log into any of the other databases and run
'\dt' it only lists the tables in that database (as expected). I'm
connecting as the same user every time.

Any ideas why this is happening?

thanks