Re: Use PageIndexTupleOverwrite() within nbtsort.c

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Use PageIndexTupleOverwrite() within nbtsort.c
Date: 2019-08-06 15:30:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

16.07.2019 1:12, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Attached patch slightly simplifies nbtsort.c by making it use
> PageIndexTupleOverwrite() to overwrite the last right non-pivot tuple
> with the new high key (pivot tuple). PageIndexTupleOverwrite() is
> designed so that code like this doesn't need to delete and re-insert
> to replace an existing tuple.
>
> This slightly simplifies the code, and also makes it marginally
> faster. I'll add this to the 2019-09 CF.

I'm okay with this patch.

Should we also update similar code in _bt_mark_page_halfdead()?
I attached a new version of the patch with this change.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Overwrite-lastright-item-with-highkey_v2.patch text/x-patch 3.1 KB