SQL Maestro Group announces the release of PostgreSQL Maestro 8.10, a
powerful Windows GUI solution for PostgreSQL administration and database
1. The new version allows you to connect to remote PostgreSQL servers with
restricted access via HTTP/PHP tunneling.
2. Starting with this version it is possible to edit trigger's function body
directly from Trigger Editor.
3. An ability of using the COPY FROM STDIN command has been incorporated
into the Import Data wizard. This feature can speed up the import process up
to 10 times.
4. Starting with this version it is possible to use the lookup editor for a
column, which is linked by a foreign key with a (single) column from another
table. The editor displays the contents of parent table's columns within the
5. A possibility of displaying data in the master-detail form has been
incorporated into the Table Editor (multiple detail pages can be displayed
for a single master row).
6. Filtering, grouping, and sorting features become available for TEXT
columns. Also it is possible to edit the contents of such columns in a
separate window as well as encrypt it using the md5 algorithm.
7. The Dependency tracker tool has been implemented (Main Menu | Tools |
Dependency tracker). Use this tool to browse all-level dependencies of a
schema object (table, view, function, etc).
8. PL/pgSQL Debugger: an ability to drag and drop a variable from the source
code window to the watch list has been implemented.
9. Database Designer settings: the Show hints option has been added. Also it
is now possible to select the default graphic file format to export diagrams
10. Process Browser: the statements at the Last SQL tab are now formatted if
11. Data Export, Data Import, and Get SQL Dump wizards now store their size
12. Database Explorer: the Data management group has been added to table and
view nodes popup menus. Use this group items to run Data Export, Data
Import, and Get SQL Dump wizards for the selected table or view without
opening its editor (the Empty Table command has been moved to this group
too). The Go to foreign table command is now available for all the foreign
Full press release:
SQL Maestro Group is engaged in developing complete database admin and
management tools for MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, SQL
Anywhere, SQLite, Firebird and MaxDB providing the highest performance,
scalability and reliability to meet the requirements of today's database
The SQL Maestro Group Team
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Michael Alan Brewer||Date: 2008-10-07 21:15:40|
|Subject: PgUS 2008 semi-annual election|
|Previous:||From: Francisco Figueiredo Jr.||Date: 2008-10-06 05:18:27|
|Subject: Npgsql2 Final Released!!|