Re: archived WALL files question

From: Renato Oliveira <renato(dot)oliveira(at)grant(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archived WALL files question
Date: 2010-04-16 07:00:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am sorry Kevin, I really appreciate your experience and your knowledge, and that's why I am asking; I thought the base backup was only necessary once. For example once you have done your first base backup, that is it, all you need is to replay the logs and backup the logs.

What would be the reason(s) for you to do weekly base backups?

Thank you very much

Best regards

Renato

Renato Oliveira
Systems Administrator
e-mail: renato(dot)oliveira(at)grant(dot)co(dot)uk

Tel: +44 (0)1763 260811
Fax: +44 (0)1763 262410
http://www.grant.co.uk/

Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd

Company registered in England, registration number 658133

Registered office address:
29 Station Road,
Shepreth,
CAMBS SG8 6GB