Re: DAO VB ODBC "read only problems

From: "Miller, Sam" <sam(dot)miller(at)intel(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, "Miller, Sam" <sam(dot)miller(at)intel(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DAO VB ODBC "read only problems
Date: 2001-10-30 07:24:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hiroshi and others,

Nope....

Also tried (randomly):
-Disabling KSQO
-Enabling "Unknowns as LongVarChar"
-Enabling Parse Statements
-Enabling Show System Tables
-Switching to 6.3 Protocol

-Tried to get pgadminII running as an independent test but ran into 7.1
dependency problems. Upgrading the system is a task for tomorrow.

-pgaccess works fine.

-Any other "known good" applications that could be used to verify
functionality?

-Any wisdom on verifying the logs?
the only thing I can see the looks a little ominous is where it executes
"select oid from pg_type where typname='lo'"
and it returns 0 rows. I have no idea what this is...

Thanks for all the help,
Wearing out,

Sam