Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Also update ChangerLog file.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Also update ChangerLog file.
Date: 2010-01-09 16:55:00
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 03:41:10PM +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> Hmm not sure I find that commit message really helpful - but is it
>> actually of any use to maintain a Changelog file specifically for
>> ECPG?

> Makes it easier to see what's new in ecpg when doing a new
> release. But I guess we could get all this from the cvs log too. The
> file has been there for a long time.

Well, I'm pretty sure that release notes are prepared off of the cvs log
entries. I've never looked at ecpg's Changelog when working on notes,
and I'd be prepared to bet that Bruce hasn't either. My advice is to
drop the Changelog file and be sure you describe changes appropriately
in the commit messages.