Re: [BUG] Logical replica crash if there was an error in a function.

From: "Anton A(dot) Melnikov" <aamelnikov(at)inbox(dot)ru>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [BUG] Logical replica crash if there was an error in a function.
Date: 2023-03-16 13:14:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello!

On 15.03.2023 21:29, Gregory Stark (as CFM) wrote:

> These patches that are "Needs Review" and have received no comments at
> all since before March 1st are these. If your patch is amongst this
> list I would suggest any of:
>
> 1) Move it yourself to the next CF (or withdraw it)
> 2) Post to the list with any pending questions asking for specific
> feedback -- it's much more likely to get feedback than just a generic
> "here's a patch plz review"...
> 3) Mark it Ready for Committer and possibly post explaining the
> resolution to any earlier questions to make it easier for a committer
> to understand the state

There were some remarks:
1) very poor use of test cycles (by Tom Lane)
Solved in v2 by adding few extra queries to an existent test without any additional syncing.
2) the patch-tester fails on all platforms (by Andres Freund)
Fixed in v3.
3) warning with "my" variable $result and suggestion to correct comment (by vignesh C)
Both fixed in v4.

Now there are no any pending questions, so moved it to RFC.

With the best regards!

--
Anton A. Melnikov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Test-for-func-error-in-logrep-worker.patch text/x-patch 2.6 KB