Re: PAM ldap

From: "Kavan, Dan (IMS)" <KavanD(at)imsweb(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PAM ldap
Date: 2005-01-18 16:56:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks for the reply,

I did compile --with-pam. Although, the $PATH for the postgres user -
who I used to compile with didn't have /lib and /lib64 in it's path. I
don't see anything is configure.in or config.log to hint that pam isn't
configured, but I'll re-configure anyway. Is there a way to check PAM
is configured with postgresql? pam_unix2.so is located in
/lib(64)/security. I was wondering if both /lib and /lib/security
needed to be in the $PATH or if just /lib/security was needed.

Also, forget about PAM for a minute. Why does ident work locally, but
the host entry not work as easily? ident sameuser in host doesn't
work for me. When I think about it though it makes sense. I'm coming
in on pgadmin iii from a windows machine and a user logged into a
windows domain. So, no wonder, it doesn't map right. It doesn't have
any smith user logged in at the time. I've tried other combinations
like a map name, user ident, pg user, but it doesn't work. ie TEST
smith smith. And then TEST smith smith in the pg_ident.conf file. I
really don't think postgresql is talking to our LDAP server. The only
thing it can do is local (using the unix ldap setup).

Thanks for all your insight,
~DjK