Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal

From: "Vishal Kashyap (at) [Sai Hertz And Control Systems]" <vishalonlist(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Mitch Pirtle <mitch(dot)pirtle(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal
Date: 2004-10-28 18:19:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Hi ,

> > >Alexey your being rude and innacurate.
> >
> > Definitely. Just like Mitch was in his mail.

Hey, Alexy you are known for all this very well you got entry to the
www group the same way and it helped us a lot (and it does not mean
you carry it on) you have came with a very good design which is just
to be implemented. Nice job done kindly carry on with your good work
and do'nt get distracted. on the same time please also consider what
others like Mitch want to say.

Above all suggestions givers please understand that we / alexy cannot
go to point Zero and start again with a new design what you can do is
check out the source of pgweb make some changes and propose the
patch.

> It's surprising to me, as an outsider to the web-developing camp, to see
> that the guy in charge of Postgres' www has the same attitude towards
> the rest of the people that the previous web developer had (Vince V.) He
> acts like other people is constantly attacking him and trying to take
> something out of his control, which is obviously not true (which I, as a
> side observer, can tell).

This is one aspect and it may be true from your perspective but on
other hand in absence of information about what is going on for
web-site improvement etc. people may send suggestions and be treated
the same way. If later is the case then what are mailing list archives
for ?

So the best way is search prioritize generate patch and submit for
review then you would see how they are treated ;-)

> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]dcc.uchile.cl>)
> Syntax error: function hell() needs an argument.
> Please choose what hell you want to involve.

How about

blamegame=# select hell('Alvaro Herrera');
Syntax Error : Please send a web page suggestion.

--
With Best Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.