Re: Performance issue in foreign-key-aware join estimation

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Performance issue in foreign-key-aware join estimation
Date: 2019-02-21 02:00:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> Attaching the original patch again so the commitfest bot gets off my
> back about the other one not applying.

Pushed that one. I'm interested by the "POC" patch, but I agree
that it'd take some research to show that it isn't a net negative
for simple queries. It sounds like you're not really interested
in pursuing that right now?

Anyway, I rebased the POC patch up to HEAD, just in case anyone
still wants to play with it.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
poc_eclass_indexing_v4.patch text/x-diff 17.2 KB