Re: [PERFORM] Performance problem using V3 protocol in jdbc driver

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Performance problem using V3 protocol in jdbc driver
Date: 2005-08-17 12:59:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-performance

Barry,

One way to do this is to turn logging on for calls over a certain
duration

log_duration in the config file. This will only log calls over n
milliseconds.

There's a tool called iron eye SQL that monitors JDBC calls.

http://www.irongrid.com/

unfortunately I am getting DNS errors from that site right now. I do
have a copy of their code if you need it.

Dave