Postgres Db to XML/XML Schema Generator

From: "Walsh, Richard (Richard)" <richardwalsh(at)avaya(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres Db to XML/XML Schema Generator
Date: 2005-04-22 13:31:58
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

Hi,
I am working on a project where we have to define database tables and
data in XML, have it validated by an XML Schema and have it loaded into
the database. We are using our EJBs to load the data into the database
so I am not so concerned with that. What I am concerned with is
generating a correct XML Schema from the Database tables.

Are there any tools/utilities that I can use to generate an XML
Document, XML Schema or both from my Postgres Database?

Reason I ask is that if we can generate the XML Schema automatically
from our database schema it will mean that we can have our XML
validation rules driven from our database schema. It would also mean
that once the database tables change we can change the XML Schema very
easily rather then having to manually update the XML schema by hand.

Any information on Database TO XML/XML Schema and XML to Database
Utilities would be very useful. I have already used the utilities at
http://www.hitsw.com/xml_utilites/index.html. Also, any utilities
suggested must be under a GPL license.

I have looked through the archives and have not found any utility, but
did find a thread talking about the creation of an XML utility like the
one that I am looking for.

Any help much appreciated.

thanks,
Richie.