readline install questions

From: Scott Frankel <leknarf(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: readline install questions
Date: 2004-09-30 22:31:18
Lists: pgsql-general

I am attempting to install postgresql7.4.5 on OSX 10.3.5 and have
questions about
readline.

For use with Python, I have readline.so installed in
/Library/Python/2.3/.

- Is this "manifestation" of readline sufficient/appropriate for
postgres?

- If not, what do I need and where do I get it from?

- If readline.so is sufficient/appropriate, where should I copy it to
so that
configure can find it?

- Conversely, where is the path specified so I could point it to the
file that
already exists?

Thanks in advance!
Scott