Re: TPCH 100GB - need some help

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Eduardo Almeida <edalmeida(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TPCH 100GB - need some help
Date: 2004-05-15 16:00:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

Eduardo Almeida <edalmeida(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I need some help in a TPCH 100GB benchmark.
> Here I put the query #19, the explain and the "top"
> for it.

IIRC, this is one of the cases that inspired the work that's been done
on the query optimizer for 7.5. I don't think you will be able to get
7.4 to generate a good plan for it (at least not without changing the
query, which is against the TPC rules). How do you feel about running
CVS tip?

BTW, are you aware that OSDL has already done a good deal of work with
running TPC benchmarks for Postgres (and some other OS databases)?