Re: dbmirror

From: "Gregory S(dot) Williamson" <gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com>
To: "Edward Konetzko" <konetzed(at)linuxworkz(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dbmirror
Date: 2005-03-22 22:49:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Edward,

We have used it for a simple mirroring of transaction data. It has worked like a champ so far, but the number of tables is low (less than 10) and the transactions tend to be inserts (common), updates (less so) and deletes rarely, none of them very frequent. The two servers are quite close physically (different racks but the same cage), and the speed of updates is reliable. We've only had to roll over from the primary to the mirror a couple of times, and both times the process was painless (going back the other way when the primary is back up is more of a pain, of course, other replicators are far better at that sort of thing; with dbmirror you have to do it manually.

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC