calling for local sun hardware/software experience

From: "Mark Wong" <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: calling for local sun hardware/software experience
Date: 2008-04-01 00:03:56
Lists: pdxpug

Hi all,

I have a Sun Fire T2000 donated for PostgreSQL (well technically SPI,
I believe) in my possession that is to be set up for some testing.
I'm basically starting from nothing so I don't even know how to plug
in a serial console into the thing and make it work. And I don't know
if I can plug it into the wall without blowing a circuit, or if I
should wait until I get it to a colo. Specs suggest it has redundant
550W (typically operation at 325W) power supplies, 100-240 VAC, 50-60
Hz (4.5A @ 100 to 120 VAC, 2.25A @ 200 to 240 VAC). Any help
appreciated.

Regards,
Mark