Immediate need for optimization/PHP consultant

From: Nick Gray <nickgray(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Immediate need for optimization/PHP consultant
Date: 2005-01-02 14:08:20
Lists: pgsql-jobs

PostgreSQL hacker wanted for very short-term assignment optimizing a
7.4.6 installation.

Our database acts as a middleman between a proprietary Perl
application, used for data harvesting, and our simple PHP GUI. We
recently migrated from MySQL and are experiencing excessive load times
for our GUI.

Your responsibility will be to evaluate and improve the existing
database architecture, and then to optimize our queries and PostgreSQL
configuration.

Environment:

* RedHat Enterprise
* PostgreSQL 7.4.6 (willing to move to 8.0)

Work from anywhere.

Reply to Nick Gray nickgray at gmail d0t com with rate and
availability. Please include your experience (or interest in
learning!) in regards to optimizing web-facing PostgreSQL
installations.