Re: Creating a function for exposing memory usage of backend process

From: torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creating a function for exposing memory usage of backend process
Date: 2020-07-01 05:48:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 3:13 PM Fujii Masao
<masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com> wrote:

> Could you add this patch to Commitfest 2020-07?

Thanks for notifying, I've added it.
BTW, I registered you as an author because this patch used
lots of pg_cheat_funcs' codes.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/28/2622/

> This patch provides only the function, but isn't it convenient to
> provide the view like pg_shmem_allocations?

> Sounds good. But isn't it better to document each column?
> Otherwise, users cannot undersntad what "ident" column indicates.

Agreed.
Attached a patch for creating a view for local memory context
and its explanation on the document.

Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi
NTT DATA CORPORATION

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-Adding-a-function-exposing-memory-usage-of-local-backend.patch text/x-diff 15.4 KB