Re: heavy swapping, not sure why

From: "Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
To: "Lonni J Friedman" <netllama(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: heavy swapping, not sure why
Date: 2011-08-30 11:20:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Lonni J Friedman wrote:

> ok, I'll do my best to capture this data, and then reply back.

If using linux, you should find interesting data on per-process swap and
memory usage in /proc/${pid}/smaps

Also consider the script here:
http://northernmost.org/blog/find-out-what-is-using-your-swap/
to group the numbers per running process.

FWIW I have found the swap column of the top utility to be useless, while the
information in /proc/${pid}/smaps looks trustworthy.

Best regards,
--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org