Re: Installing PostgreSQL 8 beta1 in Windows natively.

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Mooshii" <mooshii(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installing PostgreSQL 8 beta1 in Windows natively.
Date: 2004-09-01 12:24:22
Lists: pgsql-ports

> I would like to try running PostgreSQL in Windows (XP Pro SP2)
natively,
> but
> I need to know how to compile/install it. Can someone please point me
> the
> relevant documentation on how to do this?

There is a binary installer available at pgfoundry which should be more
or less self explanatory. Option 2 is to compile from source. Which
way you want to go depends on how much time you want to spend getting
familiar with the database and how to set it up.

Also, most of the win32 action is currently on the win32 hackers list so
you might want to subscribe there (but check the archives before asking
basic questions).

Merlin