Re: Some info needed to advocate

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Francois Suter" <dba(at)paragraf(dot)ch>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some info needed to advocate
Date: 2004-03-01 20:54:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Francois Suter wrote:
> - are there native PostgreSQL drivers for Delphi and Crystal Reports?
> The people would like to avoid using ODBC.

Delphi: Yes. Check out ZeosLib (http://www.zeoslib.net). These are
exactly what you need.

Crystal Reports: not sure. I use Ace Reporter, which frankly is
fantastic, but for Crystal Reports maybe somebody else can help you with
that information.

> - about the planned Windows native version: is it going to be exactly
> the same or are there going to be some missing functionalities, what
> with it running on Windows and not Unix? Are there any major issues
> that can be expected?

The windows port should be just fine, but expect a long beta period
before all the issues are worked out, I expect at least 6 months.

In the meantime I suggest using cygwin or Interix.

Merlin

*