user "Admin" does not exist / relation "mysysconf" does not exist

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: user "Admin" does not exist / relation "mysysconf" does not exist
Date: 2004-05-24 09:32:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I'm using MS Access 2000, Postgresql ODBC driver 7.03.02.09 (the latest
at the moment), and Postgresql 7.4.2 under FreeBSD.

Everything works fine, except that I have noticed some strange messages
in /var/log/messages, from the database server:

--------------------------------------
1) user "Admin" does not exist
--------------------------------------
I have configured my ODBC connection with the pgsql user, and relinked
all tables from the Access database, but everytime I start a connection
to the serveur, I get this error. I have spoofed the network with
etherreal, and I could see that the client first tries a connection with
the admin username, which fails, and only then with the correct
username.

That's a waist of time, were does that come from? Is that problem
application (Access) based? Or is that maybe an ODBC problem? When I
connect to the server with pgAdmin III, I do not see anything like that
in the log.

2) relation "mysysconf" does not exist
What exactly is this relation? Does anyone know?

Thanks to all

Philippe