Re: Infinite increment of postgre.exe in taskmanager

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Stefan van Aalst" <Stefan(dot)vanAalst(at)zonnet(dot)nl>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Infinite increment of postgre.exe in taskmanager
Date: 2006-06-02 08:48:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Hi
>
> Newbie when it comes down to postgre.
>
> OS: Windows XP SP2 Pro Dutch
>
> When I run a DMS (Xinco) that uses postgre (I only use
> postgre for this), a service is started. Xinco uses a
> separate limited Xinco User account.
>
> After starting the service I see several postgre.exe services
> running of various sizes. That's fine.
>
> After an hour or so I see several postgre.exe services
> running (up to 200 and still increasing) and it is the
> postgre.exe 76kb that is in that huge number (even when
> nobody uses Xinco, it still continous).
>
> When I stop the PostgreSQL service then the large kb
> postgre.exe disappears from the task manager ...but all those
> 76kb postgre.exe remain in memory.
>
> Any ideas?

If you actually have postgre.exe files there, you need to talk to
whomever yuo got that from, because that's not PostgreSQL.

If you have postgres.exe files, which is the PostgreSQL backend exe,
then you need to check your logs (both eventlog and the pg_log
directory, depending on how it's configured) for error messagesn that
will indicate what yourp roblem is.

//Magnus