Re: pgstat: delayed write of stats file

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL-patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgstat: delayed write of stats file
Date: 2006-04-30 08:56:14
Lists: pgsql-patches

> > I don't recall any specific objections that weren't answered.
>
> How about the fact that it's already caused one buildfarm failure?
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=wasp&dt=2006
-04-30%2003:05:01

Well, that objection certainly wasn't raised before since it wasn't on
buildfarm, and it passed the regression tests many times on my systems.

Oh, and apparantly it caused the same issue on firefly. I don't really
see the connection between these two platforms and why it should happen
just there, though. Any ideas on that part?

//Magnus