Re: [HACKERS] Upcoming PG re-releases

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Upcoming PG re-releases
Date: 2005-11-30 18:33:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Someone suggested earlier that we should drop the binaries for
nonsupported versions completely from the ftp site. Thoughts on this?

If not, they should at least go into OLD as well. But personally, I'm
for dropping them completely. If you're on something that old (heck, we
have 7.0 binaries..), you can still build from source.

Speaking of which, any reason not to drop the 8.1 beta win32 binaries?

//Magnus