Re: Win32 version numbers not correct (again, but this one is easy)

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 version numbers not correct (again, but this one is easy)
Date: 2004-12-31 15:44:40
Lists: pgsql-patches

>> Version numbers don't update properly on postgres.exe when doing make
>> clean/make. It works for all other exes and dlls. I beleive
>this is just
>> a case of "make clean" not properly removing "win32ver.o".
>See attached
>> patch.
>
>Hmm, is that the only place we missed it? Might be worth
>diffing a make
>distclean'd tree against a virgin one.

I beleive most of these are intentional - like the flex/bison output,
but I'll let you call those to be sure.

I grabbed a fresh cvs into "pgsql-clean", did "make distclean" in
"pgsql" and ran "diff -cr pgsql pgsql-clean -x CVS". Here is the list I
got, filtered from the two or three changes I've done myself (this is
with the patch I sent for removal of win32ver.o in src/backend):

Only in pgsql/src/backend/bootstrap: bootparse.c
Only in pgsql/src/backend/bootstrap: bootscanner.c
Only in pgsql/src/backend/bootstrap: bootstrap_tokens.h
Only in pgsql/src/backend/parser: gram.c
Only in pgsql/src/backend/parser: parse.h
Only in pgsql/src/backend/parser: scan.c
Only in pgsql/src/backend/utils/misc: guc-file.c
Only in pgsql/src/bin/psql: psqlscan.c
Only in pgsql/src/bin/psql: sql_help.h
Only in pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc: pgc.c
Only in pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc: preproc.c
Only in pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc: preproc.h
Only in pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq: blibpqdll.def
Only in pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq: libpq.rc
Only in pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq: libpqddll.def
Only in pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq: libpqdll.def
Only in pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/src: pl.tab.h
Only in pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/src: pl_gram.c
Only in pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/src: pl_scan.c
Only in pgsql/src/timezone: zic.exe
^ Seems the Makefile only removes "zic" not "zic.exe". Should be
zic$(X), I beleive.

//Magnus