Re: Instalation !

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Jorge Godoy" <godoy(at)ieee(dot)org>, "Rodrigo Ferraz" <rs(dot)ferraz(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Instalation !
Date: 2004-10-22 12:12:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> > Olá !
> >
> > Preciso instalar o PostgreSql beta 8 para Windows em um computador
> > Windows 2000 server. Este computador é um controlador de
> comínio e não
> > possui conta de usuário local. Como faço para instalar sem
> um usuário administrador local??
> >
> > Obrigado pela atenção.
> >
> > Rodrigo
>
> Translating for the maling list:

> Hi!
>

> I need to install PostgreSQL 8 on a Windows 2000 Server.
> This is a domain controller and has no local user accounts
> available. How do I make the installation without a local
> administrator?
>

> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Rodrigo.

There is no problem using a domain account instead of a local account. If you get the new installer (released yesterday - beta3dev1), it defaults to this on Domain Controllers.

Just make sure the account is *not* an administrator. You can use any Domain Administrator account to start the installation, but the service account for pgsql has to be non-administrator.

//Magnus