Re: Changing postgresql.conf values without restarting the postmaster?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Vitaly Belman" <vitalybe(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "PgSql-Win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Changing postgresql.conf values without restarting the postmaster?
Date: 2004-05-15 18:28:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Ok. I see the problem whit this. I'm not 100% sure on the fix, though.

The problem is that write_nondefault_variables() writes out variables of
type PGC_INTERNAL. I've attached a patch that simply prevents it from
doing this. It does make the problem go away, and I *think* it should be
safe, but I'm not totally sure...

//Magnus