Re: psql can't start

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "?????? ?????" <repko(at)sart(dot)must-ipra(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql can't start
Date: 2004-04-22 18:36:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

>Hello,
>
> After downloading PostgreSQL tarball(21.04.2004), MinGW and MSYS,
> I had compile PostgreSQL without errors. After this I run initdb
> without errors too. When I run postmaster I have seen the next
> messages:

Hello!

You might need to try the newer snapshot (22.04 I think - could be 23
if you're unlucky) - that one should include a patch that will fix trhe
error messages (right now, anything net related will show up as "unknown
error", which makes it hard to debug). Or you can apply that patch
manually, it's at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2004-04/msg00207.php

That should make things easier to check up on.

//Magnus