Re: psql compiled with msys

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql compiled with msys
Date: 2004-04-16 19:50:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

>> > Right now, psql does not allow copy & paste from the console
>> > window when it is compiled under mingw. However, the psql
>> > compiled with the makefile for visual studio does. Copy &
>> > Paste are enormously useful... This may have to do with how
>> > the console window is constructed.
>>
>> Probably. Definitly worth looking into :-)
>
>Did a little checking and you can turn this on... Right
>clicking on the
>window title takes you to properties. Unfortunately, the setting
>doesn't 'stick'...every time you do anything after that, the setting
>gets reset. This might be a mingw problem.

Um, are you running these from the same console? I just tried it, and it
works just fine with both mingw and the msvc version, started from the
normal commandprompt.
Note that it is an option you can set on the shortcut used to start the
commandprompt (for example, both cygwin and visual studio turns it off
on their commandprompts, for some reason). I think this is where your
issue is, and not in psql.

//Magnus