RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql

From: "Tang, Haiying" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)cn(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, "tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql
Date: 2021-02-08 12:12:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Sun, 07 Feb 2021 13:55:00 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote in

> This looks like you're trying to force case-insensitive behavior
> whether that is appropriate or not. Does not sound like a good idea.

Thanks for your reply.
I raise this issue because I thought all SQL command should be case-insensitive.
And the set/reset/show commands work well no matter the input configuration parameter is in upper or in lower case.
My modification is not good enough, but I really think it's more convenient if we can support the tab-completion for upper character inputs.

=# set APPLICATION_NAME to test;
SET

=# show APPLICATION_name;
application_name