Re: pgAgent "new step" fails for batch jobs in pgAdmin3 1.10.0 Beta 2

From: Kevin Field <kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAgent "new step" fails for batch jobs in pgAdmin3 1.10.0 Beta 2
Date: 2009-05-11 14:43:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On May 5, 8:20 am, dp(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)pgadmin(dot)org (Dave Page) wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Kevin Field <kevinjamesfi(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > query manually, which I had to do because when I unchecked "read only"
> > and edited it to get rid of the last two parameters, I got the same
> > error message about commas, leading me to think that what I saw on the
> > screen was not what actually got sent to the db server by pgAdmin (so
> > I'm not sure what the benefit is to being able to edit it there, if
> > you have to open a query window to actually execute your edited
> > version anyway.) But when I took out "jstid, " and "<StpId>, " in
>
> the result from another part of the process. It's still potentially
> useful to edit the definition before sending it to the server, but I
> agree it's not something you can run standalone.

About editing, I just tried this in the win32 beta3, and it still
ignores the changes you make: I went to create a new job step,
selected batch, typed gibberish in the name and definition, unchecked
'read only', and erased the generated SQL and replaced it with "select
'hello'", and then clicked OK, and it added the gibberish step (rather
than doing nothing, which is what select-hello should've done...) So
'read only' doesn't seem to be useful at this point.

Thanks for pointing out the other fix though, that seems to work. :)

Kev