Re: cache lookup failed for function 19119

From: "tamanna madaan" <tamanna(dot)madan(at)globallogic(dot)com>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cache lookup failed for function 19119
Date: 2010-07-22 06:21:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All

Thanks for your suggestions . But the problem here seems to be with the way slony applies triggers .

The result of below queries in the database gives the following results :

SELECT tgrelid,tgname,tgfoid from pg_trigger;

tgrelid | tgname | tgfoid

--------- +----------------------------+--------

16470 | _clustername_denyaccess_1 | 19119

16470 | user_defined_trig_1 | 17733

16470 | user_defined_trig_2 | 17629

16392 | _cluastername_denyaccess_1 | 20801

msw=# SELECT relname from pg_class where oid=16470;

relname

----------------

abc_pkey

(1 row)

msw=# SELECT relname from pg_class where oid=16392;

relname

abc

(1 row)

The result is like this for all the replicable tables i.e the denyaccess trigger is applied on the table as well as table_pkey with different function ids (19119 and 20801 in this case). While function with oid 20801 is available in pg_proc table and the corresponding function name is denyaccess( ) but function with oid 19119 is not available In database and that's why the error "cache lookup failed for function 19119"

Now my question is " how denyaccess trigger got applied on table_pkey" while denyaccess trigger should have been applied only on table name and user defined triggers should have been applied on table_pkey in slave database.

Is this a known issue ?? What can lead to this kind of situation. ??

Please help

Thanks..
Tamanna