Re: ERROR: must be superuser to COPY to or from a file

From: "Jorge Alberto" <csnmgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: must be superuser to COPY to or from a file
Date: 2007-09-28 20:09:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

thanks for your answer:
the command \copy works but the syntax is different

error:
mydb=> \copy weather FROM "/home/fideito/weather.txt";
"/home/fideito/weather.txt";: No such file or directory

error:
mydb=> \copy weather FROM "/home/fideito/weather.txt"
"/home/fideito/weather.txt": No such file or directory

correct syntax:
mydb=> \copy weather FROM /home/fideito/weather.txt

I have to delete the "" and the ";" to make it work.
Do you know why is that?