Re: Postgres 8.1.x and MIT Kerberos 5

From: Mohan K <mohan(dot)anon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 8.1.x and MIT Kerberos 5
Date: 2006-02-06 15:50:10
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

Thanks.

As far as using TLS, it is good approach. Although, we don't need complete
channel encryption for every transaction or query. I am looking at a more
granular approach where
I can decide depending on the security of information exchange whether to
encrypt the
channel or not (like using maybe GSSAPI). Is this something that will be
considered down
the line?

Mohan