Re: Postgres 8.1.x and MIT Kerberos 5

From: Mohan K <mohan(dot)anon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 8.1.x and MIT Kerberos 5
Date: 2006-02-06 15:10:34
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

Hello Magnus,

Regarding the configure issue:
The platform is Tru64 Unix 5.1b, the problem I had was we have
compiled our Kerberos build statically and is installed in a
directory other than the standard location. The trick adding to LIBS
did not work as it (krb5support) library needs to come after the
other libs (is there a way to control that?).

As far as the security issue with Kerberos, here is the relevant thread

http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2002-October/002043.html

I am sorry it was in Kerberos mailing list not Postgres.