Re: Packed short varlenas, what next?

From: "Denis Lussier" <denisl(at)enterprisedb(dot)org>
To: "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Affan Salman" <affan(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Peter Yarrow" <peter(dot)yarrow(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Packed short varlenas, what next?
Date: 2007-03-01 06:08:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

BenchmarkSQL is open source, but, I don't think anyone has published version
5.2 yet on pgFoundry. Amongst other goodies, version 5.2 allows for the
running of Java based tpcC and/or tpcB like benchmarks from the command line
or the cutsie gui. We've also added consistency checks to the end of the
tpc-c run (which mysql always fails).

Affan is coming out shortly with version 5.3, he'll publish by early next
week.

As a side note and different topic: The tpcB is an example of a verrryy
disk intensive little transaction. Running it with a mocked up version
COMMIT NOWAIT produces a 4x performance increase for disk setups where fsync
is not "free".

--Luss
http://www.enterprisedb.com