postgresql & PAM auth on Mac OS X

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql & PAM auth on Mac OS X
Date: 2006-07-29 14:52:27
Lists: pdxpug

There's a great article on AFP548.com on how to integrate PAM
authentication into PostgreSQL on OS X --

http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=20060727093739762

There's a link to another article that focuses on Debian in the first
paragraph --

http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostgreSQL

I manage about 10 applications that all have different authentication
systems. It's awesome when I can hook a system into our primary LDAP
server. I'd seen the PAM article before and had been meaning to try it
out on OS X. Now it looks like someone did the hard work for me!

-selena