Re: automatically generating node support functions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automatically generating node support functions
Date: 2022-08-08 18:06:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 8:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Meh ... it's not checking the data files themselves. Here's
>> a patch based on the logic for invoking genbki. Completely
>> untested, would somebody try it?

> I tried it on commit a69959fab2 just before the commit (1349d2790b)
> which was causing problems for me. On running "perl mkvcbuild.pl", I
> got the below error:
> wrong number of input files, expected nodes/nodes.h nodes/primnodes.h
> nodes/parsenodes.h nodes/pathnodes.h nodes/plannodes.h
> nodes/execnodes.h access/amapi.h access/sdir.h access/tableam.h
> access/tsmapi.h commands/event_trigger.h commands/trigger.h
> executor/tuptable.h foreign/fdwapi.h nodes/extensible.h
> nodes/lockoptions.h nodes/replnodes.h nodes/supportnodes.h
> nodes/value.h utils/rel.h

Ah. It'd help if that complaint said what the command input actually
is :-(. But on looking closer, I missed stripping the empty strings
that "split" will produce at the ends of the array. I think the
attached will do the trick, and I really do want to get rid of this
copy of the file list if possible.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
msvc-check-for-obsolete-node-support-3.patch text/x-diff 2.3 KB