Re: sleep function

From: John DeSoi <jd(at)icx(dot)net>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sleep function
Date: 2004-08-23 13:36:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Greg,

On Aug 22, 2004, at 11:52 PM, Greg Stark wrote:

> test=# create or replace function sleep(integer) returns integer as
> 'return sleep(shift)' language plperlu;
> CREATE FUNCTION

The original request was for something in built-in to PostgreSQL. I
have not used plperl (or any of the other pl languages), but I assume
there will be additional installation and configuration issues to use
them. But thanks for the example, it will be helpful if I need
something more processor friendly.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.