Order by sub-select

From: "Daniel T(dot) Staal" <DStaal(at)usa(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Order by sub-select
Date: 2008-01-09 17:12:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

In the following query:
SELECT name, contact, phone, email FROM eforward.address
WHERE gsb IN ( SELECT gsb FROM eforward.ibox
WHERE ibx IN ( SELECT DISTINCT ibx FROM eforward.partner
WHERE pibx = 'MTCBIN'));

How would I sort the result by eforward.partner.ibx? I tried an 'ORDER
BY' clause in the sub-select, but that doesn't appear to work. (If you
drop the outer query, the order does appear to be maintained however.)

I'm using postgres 8.1.0.

Daniel T. Staal

This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you
the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will
local copyright law.