Re: Error while installing Slony 1.1.0 for PostGreSql version 7.3.4

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error while installing Slony 1.1.0 for PostGreSql version 7.3.4
Date: 2005-06-30 20:15:04
Lists: pgsql-general

dalvi_ajay(at)extenprise(dot)net (Ajay Dalvi) writes:
> [root(at)paloalto slony1-1.1.0]# ./configure --with-pgconfigdir=/usr/bin
> checking for pg_config... /usr/bin/pg_config
> checking for correct version of PostgreSQL... 7.3
> checking for PQunescapeBytea in -lpq... no
> configure: error: Your version of libpq doesn't have PQunescapeBytea
> this means that your version of PostgreSQL is lower than 7.3
> and thus not supported by Slony-I.

Typically, this results from some library not being properly
recognized. On AIX, for instance, there has been a tendancy for
pthreads to be needed, and for it to not be included, and that problem
first kicks in with the PQunescapeBytea test.

I usually pass a whole lot more than just --with-pgconfigdir to my
./configure runs; it's probably not finding libpq by the "unvirtue" of
not having a --with-pglibdir option.
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html