Re: Index corruption

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Index corruption
Date: 2006-06-29 20:42:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

marc(at)bloodnok(dot)com (Marc Munro) writes:
> As you see, slony is attempting to enter one tuple
> ('374520943','22007','0') two times.
>
> Each previous time we have had this problem, rebuilding the indexes on
> slony log table (sl_log_1) has fixed the problem. I have not reindexed
> the table this time as I do not want to destroy any usable evidence.

We have seen this phenomenon on 7.4.8 several times; pulled dumps of
sl_log_1 and index files that Jan Wieck looked at, which alas hasn't
led to a fix.

He did, mind you, find some concurrency pattern that led, if memory
serves, to 7.4.12's release. We had experienced cases where there was
some worse corruption that required that we rebuild replicas from
scratch :-(.
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/advocacy.html