Does pgsql database (file) size increases automatically as we put data?

From: leela <its_leela(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Does pgsql database (file) size increases automatically as we put data?
Date: 2009-10-19 10:33:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,
 Iam Leela from India.

I am new to using PGSQL..

I have a basic query about the FILE SIZE of database file..

Does pgsql database (file) size increases automatically as we put data or are there any things specific which we do during installation that restricts file size, etc?

Thanks & Regards,
Leela

Connect more, do more and share more with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn more. http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/