2010/1/31 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>:
> The attached patch modified find_all_inheritors() to return the list of
> expected inhcount, if List * pointer is given. And, it focuses on only
> the bugs in renameatt() case.
I have cleaned up and simplified this patch. Attached is the version
I intend to commit. Changes:
- make find_all_inheritors return the list of OIDs, as previously,
instead of using an out parameter
- undo some useless variable renamings
- undo some useless whitespace changes
- rework comments
- fix regression tests to avoid using the same alias twice in the same query
- add an ORDER BY clause to the regression tests so that they pass on my machine
- improve the names of some of the new variables
- instead of adding an additional argument to renameatt(), just
replace the existing 'bool recursing' with 'int expected_parents'.
This allows merging the two versions of the "cannot rename inherited
column" message together, which seems like a reasonably good idea to
me, though if someone has a better idea that's fine. I didn't think
the one additional word added to the message provided enough clarity
to make it worth creating another translatable string.
> Also, the ALTER COLUMN TYPE case should be also fixed in the 9.1 release
> (or 9.0.1?).
If the fix is something we could commit for 9.0.1, then we ought to do
it now before 9.0 is released. If you want to submit a follow-on
patch to address ALTER COLUMN TYPE once this is committed, then please
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: M Z||Date: 2010-02-01 18:20:11|
|Subject: Re: contrib\xml2 package's xpath_table function in PostgreSQL|
|Previous:||From: Joe Conway||Date: 2010-02-01 17:30:02|
|Subject: Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to