Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2010-01-07 01:18:54
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM, David E. Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>
>> In that respect, I'd like us to be a little *less* like CPAN. Using CPAN
>> is great if you already know what you want, but there is no way to sort
>> the good from the bad, or know which of 10 similar projects to choose.
>
> That's the kind of problem to have!

Not really. The saving grace wrt/CPAN is that for some reason nearly
all Perl modules have documentation, it's all in the same format, and
CPAN lets you browse it on the web. That's often enough to
distinguish the good stuff from the crap. IMHO, if it weren't for
that, it would be worthless.

...Robert