Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

From: Andrey Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Alena Rybakina <lena(dot)ribackina(at)yandex(dot)ru>
Cc: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>, teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Date: 2023-07-07 02:43:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6/7/2023 03:06, Alena Rybakina wrote:
>> The test was performed on the same benchmark database generated by 2
>> billion values.
>>
>> I corrected this constant in the patch.
In attempt to resolve some issues had mentioned in my previous letter I
used op_mergejoinable to detect mergejoinability of a clause.
Constant side of the expression is detected by call of
eval_const_expressions() and check each side on the Const type of node.

See 'diff to diff' in attachment.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov