Re: ODBC + pgsql on win32

From: "David A(dot) Leedom" <daleedom(at)hightowergroup(dot)com>
To: weigelt(at)metux(dot)de, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC + pgsql on win32
Date: 2005-05-04 10:16:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

I don't claim to be an export in this area, but here is how I am doing things:

ADO connection snipit:

Set oTargetConn = New ADODB.Connection
oTargetConn.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={PostgreSQL};" _
& "SERVER=" & Me.txtHost & ";" _
& "UID=" & Me.txtLogin & ";" _
& "PWD=" & Me.txtPassword & ";" _
& "PORT=" & Me.txtPort & ";" _
& "Database=" & Me.txtDatabase & ";"

I specifically tried to avoid using a defined ODBC definition. Also I am
not using bound controls in my application so I don't do anything with the
built in vb data objects.

Enthusiastically,

Dave Leedom

At 09:55 PM 5/3/2005, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>i'm trying to use an odbc-based win32 application (biet-o-matic)
>with postgresql. (afaik its written in vb)
>I've installed the latest odbc driver and set up an datasource
>(in fact an user-dsn and an system-dsn), and of course created
>user + database for the app.
>
>The application wants to know provider-string, dbname, dbuser, ..
>As provider string i've tried the dsn's as well as the driver
>name (PostgreSQL), but this didnt work: the application shouts
>out that the provider string could not be found.
>
>What am I doing wrong ?
>

>thx
>--
> Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service
> phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
> fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact(at)metux(dot)de
> Realtime Forex/Stock Exchange trading powered by postgresSQL :))
> http://www.fxignal.net/

The Hightower Group, Inc.
Custom Software Solutions Designed To Fit Your Business Like A Glove.
165 West Airport Road, Suite B/Lititz, PA 17543
V:717-560-4002, 877-560-4002 x: 114
F:717-560-2825
www.hightowergroup.com